According to my sponsor, Holly Michael, this is what VBA is all about:
What is it?
As far as I can tell — details are rather sketchy and only the creator knows for sure — this lofty-sounding award is basically a mutual admiration society where bloggers recognize their peers for writing quality blogs that touched them in some way. The VBAs honor the blogger rather than specific posts. It’s a chance for bloggers to pat themselves on the back like the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences does with the Oscars. Until someone starts giving out Blogscars, the VBAs will have to suffice.
What are the criteria?
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. I nominated 15 outstanding bloggers below. Congratulations!
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Thank you, Holly ! I feel truly honored and blessed!
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Here is the link to Holly’s post: http://writingstraight.com/author/writingstraight/ –
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
The envelope, please…
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
And the nominees/winners are (in no particular order):
Amy Nedrow – http://anedrow.wordpress.com/ Dreams and Other Things
Verna Bowman – http://www.vernabowman.com
Holly Michael http://writingstraight.com/author/writingstraight/ – Writing Straight
Celeste Vaughan – http://www.celestialprescriptions.com/
Diana Leagh Matthews http://dianaleaghmatthews.wordpress.com – Where The Winds Blow
Jeanette Edgar http://www.jeanetteedgar.com/ Raising Surrendered Hearts
Jessie Seneca http://moreofhimministries.org/ More of Him Ministries
Liz Cowen Furman http://thinkingaboutsuicide.com/
Marcia Gaddis http://marciabgaddis.blogspot.com/ The Olive Branch
Adriana Vermillion http://www.Adrianavermillionpersonal.blogspot.com/ Optimal Thinker
Jeanne Doyne http://www.streams-edge.blogspot.com/ The Stream’s Edge
Nan Jones http://morningglorylights.blogspot.com Morning Glory
Laura Hodges http://laurahodgespoole.blogspot.com/ A Word of Encouragement
Jamie Britt http://encouragingwomen-strength.blogspot.com/ Encouraging Women
Carolyn Ruch – http://www.riseandshinemovement.org/ Tamar’s Redemption
Andrea Bowling Purdue – http://www. arise2write.blogspot.com / Arise 2Write
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- I was born and raised into a large family (second daughter of seven children) in the small town of Bay Minette, Alabama.
- I was a teenager during the 1960’s—loved watching American Band Stand every Saturday on our black and white television.
- My life and roots changed drastically in my early twenties, when I met and fell in love with a young naval officer named Dave. Having lived in many different parts of the country and traveling half way around the world—we now live on top of a mountain near Morgantown in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia!
- I am blessed to be mother of two and grandmother of seven thus far. Spending time with my grand-children is one of the greatest joys of my life!
- I love Southern Gospel Music—with a sprinkling of Blue Grass, Christian Contemporary, and Classical. Andrew Bocelli is my absolute favorite singer!
- I write to encourage and give hope to others through devotionals, poetry, and prose—and love to use photography with the blogs I post weekly.
- I love getting up early to watch the sun rise over several mountain ranges. The view from my back yard is spectacular—a little foretaste of heaven!
Have a blessed day!